Jump to recipe
Sunshine in a pie shell! Both tart and sweet, this pie is bursting with lemon flavor.
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large organic egg yolks
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy organic whipping cream
- 2 T fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lemon zest for garnish
Prepare the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine crushed graham cracker, melted butter, and sugar in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until well blended. Press crumb mixture into a buttered 9" pie plate and bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a rack to partially cool.
Prepare the Pie Filling
- Using a stand mixer, beat the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt and mix well at medium speed for about 3-4 minutes. Pour the filling into the partially baked pie crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it rest on the counter and cool to room temperature. Chill the pie in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
- Just before serving, beat whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the pie in slices with a generous dollop of whip cream on each slice and garnish with lemon zest or thin lemon slices if desired.
© 2024 All rights reserved.